for Standout Labels
The G3 Label Division team partners with each customer to fully understand their objectives and create a customized approach to every project. We are reliable, full-service providers of premium quality pressure-sensitive and cut-and-stack labels.
The G3 Label Division offers a variety of printing technologies to meet customer deadlines and market demands, including pressure-sensitive flexographic and cut-and-stack offset printing. We enhance custom label designs with foiling, high-build tactile coatings and embossed or debossed elements and textures.
- Fast turn-around times
- Internal design and digital production
- In-house ink laboratory
- Inventory program for selected customers
- Technical Services Support
11-color Flexographic Printing
- Foil stamping
- Textile screen
- Roll to roll/roll to sheet
- Wide selection of substrates
Cut and Stack
8-color UV offset printing
- Foil stamping
- Specialty die-cutting
- Sheet fed
Bottle Etching for
a Lasting Impression
The G3 bottle etching team in Napa, California, thoroughly understand the importance of label design, and we approach bottle etching with the same commitment to each customer’s vision.
We use techniques such as precision sandblasting and finely detailed hand painting to personalize or enhance wine bottles, replicate logos, or recreate labels from any glass surface to large format wine bottles.
GTREE is an environmentally sustainable, 100% PCW high-performance wine label stock available in a range of adhesives, weights, and surface textures. This label stock performs consistently on press and high-speed bottling lines as well as in ice buckets and cold boxes. GTREE has the greenest environmental footprint of any label stock available, and is certified by the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC) Chain of Custody certification from Scientific Certification Systems, one of the world’s leading FSC certifiers and one of FSC’s founding members.
- G INK™ Reflection – A cost effective and environmentally-friendly alternative to hot foiling
- Thermochromic Ink – A temperature-sensitive ink capable of changing color at a defined point.
- Photochromic Ink – An ultraviolet sensitive ink that activates upon exposure to UV or sunlight
- Bichromic Ink – A color-shifting ink with interactive colors when viewed from different angles of light
Quality & Process Control
At G3, we understand that quality is the key to customer satisfaction. We carefully plan and engineer design, production processes and quality controls; we monitor each service and product we offer, from label printing to the durability of our adhesives. We take every opportunity to refine our approach by implementing customer input, lean principles, and cutting-edge statistical methods.
Our quality checks include the following:
- Sheet paper: curl, moisture, size, color
- Pressure-sensitive paper: release value
In-house Ink Lab
- Custom color matching to customer's requirements
- Color held to <0.5Δ e
- On-site ink technicians, 24-7
In-Process & Final QC Verifications
- CPC 24-color scanner on press to provide feedback to operator for color correction (ΔE, % within tolerance, density, dot gain)
- On-press color verifications using Xrite spectrodensitometers
- Stratix UPC code scanners / analyzers
- Registration: print-to-print, print-to-cut, print-to-emboss, print-to-hot foil stamp
- PS label position on web
- Scuff tests, tape test, bottle-impact test, ice bucket test
- InfinityQS statistical process control (SPC) in place to capture process control data
- ISO 9001:2015, Quality Management System
- ISO 14001:2015, Environmental Management System
- Forest Stewardship Council® Certified by SCS Global Services for GTREE™ Label